BAT Berezi - More information

What is the BAT Berezi Card?

The BAT Berezi Card is a personal and non-transferable wallet card. It is a contactless card (includes a chip) that allows tram users to travel with a discount.


What are the requirements to apply for the Card?

To apply for a BAT Berezi Card, you must be 65 years of age or more, or have a disability level of 65% or more, and be a resident of the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country, and your income must be less than 2.5 times the Public Index of Multiple Purpose Income (IPREM).


What documents are required to apply for the Card?

The following documents are required:

  • A certified photocopy of your National Id. Card, Passport, or Foreign Resident's Card. The photocopy can be certified if you present the original document. - Una fotografía reciente tamaño carné.
  • A recent passport size photograph.
  • A certified photocopy of the latest Income Tax Statement or proof that you are exempt. The photocopy can be certified if you present the original document.
  • 3 euros.
  • In the case of a disability, you must also provide a certified photocopy of the document that certifies the disability: the granting of a total or severe disability pension or a resolution from the Provincial Council.
  • If you belong to a large family (5 members or more): photocopy and original of the large family card issued by the Basque Government or the Large Family Certificate.
  • If the address on your National Id. Card, Passport or equivalent document should not be your current address, you must also submit the original certificate of residency.


Where can you apply for the Card?

  • People registered as residents in Vitoria-Gasteiz can apply at the city council’s Citizen Information Offices (OAC). 
  • People registered as residents in any other municipality of the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country (except Vitoria-Gasteiz) can apply at the Euskotren Tram Information Office (OIT).


What should I do if the card is lost or stolen?

The card cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. At the Tram Information Office, you can transfer the balance to a new card, after a waiting period of two days, once the data from all the operators have been updated. The new card will cost 3 euros.


What happens if the card has a fault or is damaged?

A faulty card will be exchanged for another one free of cost if the fault happens within the first four years. To transfer the balance, you must visit the Tram Information Office one day after the incident, as the information from all the operators must be updated.

If the holder of the card is responsible for the damage, the card cannot be replaced, although the balance can be transferred under the terms mentioned above.